Some of my best outfits are usually topped off with some accessory. A must-have when you are trying to diversify any outfit. And when you’re on a budget, it helps to make the same LBD look 10 different ways. This Spring, I am trying to collect some new pieces to extend my wardrobe. Here are some items I am currently after.
- The Straw Tote. Found this beach-ready tote at Nordstrom and love the pom-pom detail. So fun and I love that you can fit your arm through the handles to keep your hands free for all the other stuff moms have to carry.
2. Silk hair scarves. One of the easiest ways to disguise a bad hair day is with a scarf wrapped around a ponytail. Sure the scunchie is making its comeback, but I prefer this look. The versatility of a head scarf also gives you many options to change up your everyday look. Wrap it around your head like a bandana, or tie it around your head like a headband. There are numerous options. Take a look at this one from Free People.
3. Wide-brim hat. It wasn’t until recently that I took precaution to avoid sun exposure on my face. As soon as I spotted my first brown spot under my left eye, I took cover. I’ve been using makeup and tinted moisturizer with SPF but the added protection of a wide-brimmed hat just can’t be beat. This hat is a steal at just under $13 at Forever 21.
4. Cat-Eye Sunglasses. Protect your peepers and hide your bags (you know, from those frequent wake-up calls thanks to baby) with some trendy cat-eye sunnies. I love the gold detail on these from Rose Gal.
5. Statement Earrings. How fun are these? Such a great way to dress up a casual ponytail when you’re out and about. I love how big and chunky these are and the color is just lovely. These are a steal from Nasty Gal at under $8!!
There you have it! My top 5 accessory must haves for this Spring. What else am I missing? Please let me know any suggestions.